1. Her parents were also actors, and so she inherited the art from her father and mother who both were writers and actors.
2. The actress has a mixed background. She has English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, German and Swedish roots.
3. As a child, Roberts did not want to be an actress and dreamed of becoming a veterinarian because of her love for animals, but she later changed her mind and went to study journalism.
4. Roberts is a frequent participant in many polls about the most beautiful people in the world. So, for six years, People Magazine included her among the 50 most beautiful celebrities. Other similar polls often list Julia Roberts as one of the top 100 movie stars of all time.
5. In 1997, Roberts was seriously considered for the role of Poison Ivy in «Batman & Robin», considered one of the worst films of all time. But instead, Uma Thurman played in the action movie.
6. She puts on makeup while lying on her back. The actress admits that lying on her back while applying makeup does not tense her face, because she feels more relaxed.
7. She Almost Married Kiefer Sutherland with whom she starred in the 1990 film «Flatliners». Roberts was engaged with him with but then she ended this relationship shortly before they were due to marry in 1991.
8. When Roberts starred in «Erin Brockovich», she became the first actress to receive $20 million for her role in a movie broking the record for a fee for an actress. And the first actor to receive such a sum was Jim Carrey for «The Cable Guy» four years earlier.
9. Her brother is an Oscar-nominated actor Eric Roberts who had a strong impact on the wonderful actress. It is his success that encouraged Julia to follow the same path.
10. In 2004, a 9,000-year-old skeleton was discovered in Bulgaria that had perfect teeth, which is why archaeologists named it after Julia Roberts. According to them, the woman from the past had a perfect smile, like an actress.